Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Birding?



I come from a family of word traveling 'birders'. My dad and mom Judy have even been to Antarctica! My sister Tick and I happen to also live near a birders paradise, the Greys Harbor National Wildlife Refuge. That's the good news...the bad news is that while a zillion or so shorebirds fly though each spring and fall we seem to have a way of missing them by just a few days. Darned if it didn't happen again this year!




So once again Dad and Mom Judy come north from Portland to join us for a day bird hunting.
We arrive just in time for high tide which brings the birds to us.


















Here comes Mom Judy























Can you say 'birdwatcher'?

Thats my dad!

Ah - ha ~~ there's those darn birds.











Dad and Mom Judy are a couple of well loved rare birds themselves!

Strike three... stay tuned for next year ... will those Schneiderbirds find the shorebirds after all or will it be another turkey day?

No comments: