Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hello Bloggers!

Welcome to my new blog site, I am very happy you could join me here!

On May 1st I crossed my one year anniversary of being laid-off from a high stress telecommunications job. For many years I had been an unbalanced, yet passionate workaholic. After the eighteen plus years I was finally pushed from the nest and given the chance to learn how to fly.

Given this one year anniversary it seemed a perfect time to review, revise and improve on this public journal of my (our) journey. My blog on godaddy will close on June 6th, 2008 as I complete the transfer here.

A quick summary of our status:

  • After my lay off, my spouse Phil & I agreed he would join me in unemployment and leave traditional jobs. We were tired of the rat race and wanted to live a richer life. While we knew what we didn’t have a clear vision of what we did/do want.
  • At the time our ‘twenty year plan’ was in year eighteen.. as fairly frugal spenders, aggressive savers and both exhausted from our jobs we were ready to start a new chapter. We thought we had just enough of a nest egg to squeak by. It turns out squeak is the operative word.
  • So at the age of 49 and 53 we jumped…sold our house, our toys, and our junk and moved into a fifth wheel. We found a awesome park in our home town to stay in and have been for the most part decompressing from there. While we have traveled some this winter we have mostly been homebodies until recently…now we are ready to rock and roll.

What will the blog look like going forward? Good question!

  • Personal Growth: Early on in my life I was given the gift (at times curse) of a life journey of personal growth and discovery. I continue to learn to embrace, reach and grow as life unfolds. In blogging, I would like to share experiences, celebrate blessings and hopefully inspire and enrich both our journeys.
  • Artistic Endeavors: Developing the artist in me. Sharing my graphics, my new skills…my ughs as well. Learning to market and sell my graphics. Become a better wordsmith. Finding new outlets for my energy and creativity. Intertwine with other artists. Learn to grow, trust and celebrate a whimsical life! Practice faith not fear.
  • Income Strategies: Life after a traditional job… It turns out living on ‘the budget’ and squeaking by isn’t that fun. My goal is to find ways to grow income sources that are geographically independent.
  • Smaller Footprint: Phil & I have lived in small houses and valued good gas mileage and recycling. Watching the gas prices rise amongst other things as we watch society fly by can’t help but but make me ask ‘how do I make a smaller footprint’?
  • Financial Freedom: We continue to learn to be our own financial managers. Discipline and diversification. Can we find any peace of mind in a roller-coaster market?

Thank you for joining me on this journey of discovery! May each of our lives be touched with love, community and creativity as we reach beyond ourselves. Blessed be!


Possibly related posts: (auto

No comments: