Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New-trition-izing ... Hmmmm

Greeting Bloggers!

Guess what! I am thinking about calories. Granted I may have thought of them before but usually not for more than 30 seconds. Somehow I have managed to get to 50 years old and 200 pounds without any use for calories.

With time on my hands, more aches and pains then I would like, it seems to be a good time to digest the caloric impact of my day. Truth be told, what got me started was a newsletter link on Kim Komando (my digital goddess) webpage. One thing led to another and I found a site called Spark People. As a people person, information junkie and internet addict it is right up my alley!

Phil and I do eat well for the most part with broccoli as my number one food group according to Phil. While I am enthusiastic enough to share this idea with you I also have a knot in my stomach. I have my fears and goodness knows I don't want egg on my face.

I don't know the reason why I have never maintained my weight...food junkie, anxiety maven, stress eater and all that jazz. Denial is a beautiful thing. Maybe it's time to make peace with some of these 'friends'


New-trition-izing here I come! Please wish me luck as well as strategic great eating, I do so love yummy good food.

Speaking of love... I am sending it to you! Hugs Marie

3 comments:

Joy said...

Marie, what happened to us!?
This evoked a memory of 3 perfect teenage girls calling themselves the 3 little blimps!
Oh to have the body that I thought was so fat back then!

Joy said...

Marie, what happened to us!?
This evoked a memory of 3 perfect teenage girls calling themselves the 3 little blimps!
OH to have the body that I thought was so fat back then!

~ Marie ~ said...

I know! Perspective is an amazing thing. The good news for me is I quit smoking when I was about 26 ... gained weight then... Thankfully I am still a nonsmoker. Think 25 plus years of a 'good excuse' counts?

;)