Saturday, January 31, 2009

Worry and Hope

The worry of my world come in waves. Sometimes softly sometimes not. I am by nature a worrier.

I stew on things for a long long time. In the 'real job' time of my life I was a compulsive thinker... at times awake with anxiety with no workload boundaries. I, like many, pouring just about every part of me into my job. I brought my heart to work and was often consumed by it's multiple demands. I am so grateful for my frugal nature that at least for today I can be here rediscovering my life.


I often find myself stewing and/or worrying, my future a vast unknown. My brain wants to plan everything even though my heart knows I am right where I belong. What is my purpose? Will our money stretch? If I work what will I do? Can this time of change be a realignment of my life? How can I make today rich and let my life unfold in all good time? Can I quiet my mind and be here now? etc...

There is so much clutter in our society....noise pollution (TV, radio, work environments, streaming video, loud people, computers, printers, transportation etc...) and visual pollution (TV, Advertising, ugly this and that... etc...) and now financial pollution (debt, bills, keeping up with each other, wanted to feel important ...etc...)

It is hard to keep centered with an open heart and mind. Clutter, clutter, clutter.



This morning I took a desert walk of about 3.5 miles ... giving me plenty of time to arm wrestle with "the committee in my head", do a walking meditation and get my desert groove on.

From Thict Nat Han:

Let us walk as a free person and feel our steps get lighter. Let us enjoy every step we make. Each step is nourishing and healing. As we walk, imprint our gratitude and our love on the earth.

We may like to use a gatha as we walk. Taking two or three steps for each in-breath and each out-breath,

Breathing in "I have arrived"; Breathing out "I am home"
Breathing in "In the here"; Breathing out "In the now"
Breathing in "I am solid"; Breathing out "I am free"
Breathing in "In the ultimate"; Breathing out "I dwell"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I can be found on Facebook now. I am pretty new at this social networking ... I made the leap when I read others on CafePress (my POD print-on-demand store) using it as an avenue to promote their art. Facebook has connected me with many people and communities that have touched my life. Kennbunk High School, The Meeting School, Yelm Telephone, FairPoint Communications, Cafepress, Friends of friends, Relatives and more. It gives me pause to reflect on my life and what I want and also what I don't want. Why not live in hope?

Do you find balance in your life?How? Are you a naturally centered person or someone that stuggles? What do you do to find your daily peace? Peace and hugs today and always!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh Marie, I stew and struggle and worry and am up at 3am-yes I too am a worrier. But, I'm working on it because sometimes we need to just let it be.
I'm going to check our your FB page.

~ Marie ~ said...

Yes please do!