Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Desert Botanical Garden Blooms!

Welcome! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Make like a flower and bloom!
Day 3 @ the age of 51

I confess I am still giddy from my birthday on Monday. Moving to the Sonoran Desert of Arizona last fall overwhelms me in it's wonder and beauty. It holds in it both a starkness the desert life and a beauty of which I have never seen before. Like my own internal life I am fascinated by the complex, ever changing, bittersweet flavor of it all.

I still have so much to learn in life...to grow a quieter soul. To move a way from compulsive judging of the world and embrace an accepting heart .

How many cactus needles have pierced me this year as I learn to live in the desert? Many... As time passes less. (Thankfully I love a man that is handy with tweezers...stories for another day)
Once again I am grateful for today.

Come join me in the sunshine.



A world onto itself



Ocotillo Fence and the will to live!

Diversity in the desert












A holiday of bloom!


Flowers... eye candy for the soul

Food for my heart

Stay tune for my best pictures yet... animal life at the Desert Botanical Garden.



You can find my whimsical gifts and designs here...


geocaching.. hide.hunt.find.repeat
gifts for hikers, birders, wanders, rvers and more!
hey...i'm an artist in bloom
hey...i'm 51 and growing my artistic side
hey...is for horses, better for cows, pigs don't eat it, cause they don't know how...hay!

No comments: